Here are eight tips for how to clean your home as you prepare it for sale.
Looking for a home? Click here.
Selling a home? Click here.
How do you clean your home to prepare it for sale? In a previous video, I discussed the basics of preparing your house for sale. Today we’re going to expand into more details about the first step: cleaning. Hitting all these areas will ensure buyers will see the best of your property, and they won’t be distracted by small bits of dirt or dust.
Here is the list of things you must not forget to clean in your home:
- Clean light fixtures and the bulbs inside them.
- Get rid of spider webs. People frequently miss the corners near the ceilings and above doorways.
- Clean windows, coverings, blinds, and window sills. This also helps bring light into the rooms.
- Deep clean kitchen appliances inside and out.
- Clean all floors: shampoo carpets, polish hardwood floors, and re-grout tile floors as needed. This can be a lengthy process, so consider a professional steam cleaning company.
- Get rid of odors. Pet and smoke smells are never pleasant. Also, beware of strong fragrances—they can discourage buyers.
- Clean the yard. Remove old, dead plants, tree limbs, etc.
- Pressure wash the sides of the house, driveway, and sidewalks. This boosts curb appeal.
If you have any questions about cleaning your house to prepare for sale or concerning real estate in general, please reach out via phone or email. We would be happy to help.