Here are five features buyers are looking for amidst the ongoing pandemic.
Looking for a home? Click here.
Selling a home? Click here.
Amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our homes have become more than just living spaces—they’ve become offices, gyms, and classrooms. Many of us have hosted cocktail hours via Zoom and/or searched for additional spaces for our hobbies. How has this influenced what buyers look for in homes? Here are five “wants” that have become more popular:
1. Larger lot sizes. Since many of us work from home (or at least work from home more often and plan to do so post-COVID-19), people aren’t as concerned about commute times.
2. Smart bathrooms and bidets. They’re becoming less of a luxury and more of a practical necessity.
Our homes have become more than just living spaces—they’ve been offices, gyms, and classrooms.
3. A good place for package delivery. Packages left at our doorsteps are certainly attractive to thieves. Now that a lot of us are shopping online more and avoiding stores, builders are considering adding this as a new home feature.
4. Healthy homes. Experts predict that buyers will be in search of new features such as viral-resistant surfaces and air quality monitoring systems.
5. Home offices in creative spaces. Our kitchen tables have become workstations and school desks, so creating an office in an attic, garage, or basement may become an even more popular home renovation.
As always, if you have questions about this or any real estate topic, don’t hesitate to call, text, or email my team. We’re happy to help.